I have just landed in New York and I am there for a few days to exhibit our new line of scarves. I always make sure I have a few days extra there to enjoy the city. Here's a short list of my favourite things to do there:
I stay in Williamsburg Brooklyn when I am in NYC. First thing I do is pay a visit to my favourite shops around Bedford Avenue. I love this neighbourhood, there are loads of nice cafés, some great designer stores and vintage stores too. Brooklyn Fox and Sword Smiths are particular favourites, they both have great selections of clothing by both established and upcoming fashion brands. Buffalo Exchange and Beacon’s Closet have endless racks of vintage and second hand clothes. And Verameat is great for jewellery.
New York has delicious places to eat. For Tacos I love La Esquina, for 24h pastrami sandwiches I head to Kat’z Diner, Momofuku’s Milk Bar has the best peanut butter cookies, and Bozu in Brooklyn has the best Japanese sushi!
- Enjoying art galleries in Chelsea - I love the Gagosian Gallery they own a beautiful collection of Roy Lichtenstein paintings.
- I love getting my nails done in Brooklyn, there’s a lot of good nail bars around!
- Saturday at the Hell’s Kitchen Antique Markets, it's amazing if you like Kitsch like me.
- Hanging out in Coney Island is the best of all! Sadly the amusement park is closed during winter so I won’t be heading there this time. All along the beach you can see loads of hand painted food shacks selling hot dogs and corn dogs, beachwear and postcards. I went there on my first trip to NYC and it was a true inspiration.
- I love walking the streets of Manhattan too. I always pay a visit to V Files and Opening Ceremony, I love both those stores.
- The Museum of Folk Arts is an amazing museum, check for details as they always have temporary exhibitions.
- Walking through Central Park is magical - right in the middle of the city, but so peaceful. Head to Strawberry Fields to see the John Lennon memorial, you might even see a racoon (they are the New York equivalent to our London foxes).
- Crossing the Williamsburg bridge is truly an experience! The view of the Manhattan skyline is amazing.
Follow us on instagram @cleoferinmercury to see some photos of my trip :)